A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Seriously? Are You Kidding Me?

So after work tonight I met my friend Mary for dinner at the Hacienda right by where I work. Tonight the Margarita glasses were on special for only $1.00! Who can pass that up? After dinner we went for a walk at Kamm Island Park. I thought it'd be cool to get a pic of us by the River, so we went over to sit on this man-made stone/cement ledge. I noticed a guy was sleeping on the bench and his bike was right by him. As we were taking our picture, the man said "Is this a Mother/Daughter picture?" He was being serious! We talked to him a little. He thought that I was Mary's Mother!!!! That did not make me happy! I know Mary looks much younger than 30, and I am 4 years and 3 months older than she is. But come on Mr! It would be physically impossible for me to be her Mother! #1 - The guy obviously didn't think before he spoke. #2 - Who would even say such a thing? Mary thinks he was trying to flirt with us! Well, it didn't work. He ended up leaving on his bike. He probably felt stupid. Well, he should learn to think before he speaks! I have been called many things, but being called old enough to be the Mother of a 30 year old?!? I think that tops the cake! I guess I'd better go find some preventative aging cream! =-)




3 comments:

Very Sleepy Girl said...

Ah! Sounds like a great evening except for that guy! I'm gonna say he was drunk.

K Woods said...

There could certainly be worse things to be called and most certainly worse people to think you were the mother of! :)

Don said...

HAH! omigoodness! That is too funny! Just remember: ONE person's perspective shouldn't carry any more weight than another's. I'm glad you have a sense of humor about it! You need to ask Caryn about what a little person said at church to her. Are these things supposed to keep us humble or something?? OH WELL! Have a great weekend!