2. We Are Determined! When we say we are going to do something, we usually do it. I am typically a woman of my word and he is typically a man of his word! My Goal is to reach 135 lbs by my 40th Birthday! Jon's goal is to reach 190 lbs and be below 200 lbs for the first time in his adult life! Jon is currently 78 lbs lighter than our wedding day (July 8th, 2011). Wow! He is amazing! I am currently 52.4 lbs lighter than I was on my 38th Birthday (January of 2012). Jon has 21 lbs to go to reach his goal and I have 21.6 lbs to go to reach my goal. We can and will do this!
|Top: Jen on Jan 2nd, 2012 at 209 lbs/Jen on Aug 31st, 2013 at 156.6 lbs|
Bottom: Jon (243 lbs) & Jen (189.1 lbs) on Jan 4th, 2013/Jen (156.6 lbs) & Jon (211 lbs) on Aug 31st, 2013
3. Our Success Is SO MUCH More Than A Number! Yes, It's true, the number on the scale tells us how much we weigh. It is a good guide to go by when trying to get healthier, but it's not the only guide. We are eating healthier, we are fitting into smaller clothes, we have gained some muscle, and we feel so much better about ourselves! Partly, because we are accomplishing something we didn't think we could accomplish before. We know we are getting healthier, and losing weight the right way. We LOVE FOOD. We LOVE food that is bad for us! We are REAL people who have real struggles. We don't have a personal chef or personal trainers. If we can lose weight, anyone can! I kicked pre-diabetes to the curb, and THAT FACT is more important than any number the scale tells me! :)
4. My Husband Goes On Hikes With Me! I love him! I married him for love. I married him because I knew God made us for each other. Did I ever think he would go on hikes with me? No. I honestly didn't. Did I want him to? Yes. God is SO GOOD. He has blessed me with more than I could have ever imagined! I believe God is making us even more compatible with each other though our weight loss journey.
5. I Will Be Extra Fabulous at Forty! I seriously am looking forward to this next decade of my life! I will be starting it off in ARUBA with my HUSBAND, at my goal weight! I never would have thought I'd be at this point in my life (Married AND going to ARUBA!) if you would have asked me 6 years ago. God's plans are always Best! Even if I look good enough to wear a bikini, I won't wear a bikini. I have 5 surgery scars from my gallbladder removal just 6 months ago. I'll wear a Tankini and look just as fabulous!
6. Weight Watchers Works For Us! Weight loss is one of those very personal issues that a person has to want to do on his/her own. Did people tell me I should eat healthier and lose weight before? Yes! Was I ready to listen? No! But when I decided I WAS going to lose the weight and get healthier, nothing could stop me! Well, I've had hiccups...like gaining 7.6 lbs on our Anniversary vacay. It's not always smooth sailing. We are human. But we just keep on keeping on and persistence and following the Weight Watchers Points is giving us results. Sometimes not as quickly as we'd like to see them, but we are seeing results. I can now see pictures of myself and say...I sure look good! I have gained confidence and pride in knowing that I am doing what I said I would do.
I'll post again when we get to our goal weights. In the meantime, if you have any questions, about Weight Watchers, just let me know! I will always need the boundaries of weight watchers. I love food too much to not have the boundaries weight watchers provides in our lives.