A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Quote by Joyce Meyer

"The more you trust Jesus and keep your eyes focused on Him, the more life you'll have. Trusting God brings life. Believing brings rest. So stop trying to figure everything out, and let God be God in your life."

Wow! I'll be talking more in depth in a future blog about Joyce Meyer and her books! I have learned so much from her. A circumstance at work today reiterated for me that the battlefield really is in my mind! I need to trust Jesus and keep my eyes focused on Him, not on my problems. I got to work this morning and had an email that was sent to our team/unit. The standards for production numbers per hour have gone up. So what do I do? I panic and literally had myself in a "paralyzed state" for the majority of the day! Why? Because I was worrying about tomorrow today! I was allowing Satan to fill my mind with negative thoughts about what I can't do, instead of filling my mind with the truths of God's Word. I lost the battle in my mind today, and in the end it only brought my production down. So today is over, but tomorrow is a new day and "His mercies are new every morning"! I am going to try hard (only with His strength) to wake up and go into work with the attitude that "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me"! I'm taking Dr. Bob's advice and telling Satan to go to hell! Please say a prayer that I will trust God to take care of my future and not listen to the father of lies! I can never be God, so why do I continue to try to be in control of my life? I don't know what the future holds, but I do know who holds the future! :) Have a great weekend!

No comments: