A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Monday, June 30, 2008

Relaxing Day in Richmond IN!


Alaina (my friend & one of my roomies) and I had a great time in Richmond, IN today! Richmond is about a 4 hour drive from here. I'm so glad Alaina invited me to go with her! This get-away was just what I needed! We basically relaxed at her Dad's house all day. Her Dad, Stepmom and brothers live in Richmond. The first pic is of Alaina and her family. Her twin brothers are 11 years old and they are very sweet! Her family was very hospitable, and even cooked a Turkey dinner for us for lunch. I relaxed on the couch and fell asleep while the boys were watching murder mysteries on the Hallmark channel. We had some ice cream later in the afternoon. Then we had homemade Pizza for dinner. Alaina and I LOVED having a home-cooked, FREE meal! We are very blessed! After we left Richmond, we spent an hour with a friend of Alaina's in Indianapolis. The second pic above was taken as we were getting back into the car. We made it back from the Eastside of Indianapolis in 2 hours and 45 min. We made great time! It's ironic b/c I got home from Milwaukee last Sunday at 11:35pm. Tonight we arrived home at 11:19pm. I don't remember the last time that I got away from it all, to just relax. This trip taught me that I do need to get away! I'm going to try hard to do that every once in a while, if only for an overnight trip to visit friends/family. Everyone needs to get away once in a while. Thanks again for taking me with you Alaina!

No comments: