A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thinking

This week we have had treats at work for a few of my co-worker's birthdays. So I grabbed an individually wrapped small piece of Dove Milk Chocolate! Yummy! Ok, I grabbed more than one, and there were other treats too :) Well I unwrapped this piece of Dove Milk Chocolate and saw the message in the pic above. This pic is a little blurry, but it says "Don't think about it so much". Thinking is the story of my life! I over-analyze everything! At that moment, I took this message to heart regarding my work. One has to be very detail-oriented in the job I'm in, but I tend to be a bit OCD about it. I check my work over and over and over and over again, so fearful of making a mistake. Part of it is just my personality, but I don't have to stay as OCD as I am about my work. Being detail oriented is important, but only to a certain extent. Note to self: Jen, you can't be perfect! It's something I have to continue to remind myself of constantly. The only perfect person EVER was JESUS. I know I'm at this job for a reason. Soon, reaching production goals is going to be a lot harder, so now is a good time to start working on setting goals of only checking my work once or twice. It's a good thing that with God, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! :) Oh yeah, I got a 93.4% on an audit today. I usually get 100% audits! It just goes to show that I'm human. I'm working hard at learning to "get real"...still learning what "real" is for me.

1 comment:

Don said...

yeah... don't be too hard on yourself. I'm a recovering cynic. ;)