A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Mom

"Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers, and sisters, aunts and cousins, but only one mother in the whole world."-- Kate Douglas Wiggin

Here is a really good pic of my Mom (Sue)! I took this pic on Sunday. She is doing really well! She has been battling Cancer and Lupus since February of 2000 (2 months after her husband, my Dad, passed away). She is currently Cancer free and we can attribute this fact to one word, PRAYER! God still has work for her to do here on this earth. She is done with chemo and done with radiation! I can tell even from her facial expression in this pic that a huge weight has been lifted off of her shoulders! Thank you Lord! I pray that the Lord will continue to shower her with His blessings. He is Awesome! Thanks for all of the sacrifices you've made for me through my 34+ years of life Mom, including giving birth to me at home (well you kind of didn't have a choice, I wasn't going to wait until you could make it to the hospital)! Thanks for all you've done and continue to do! I love you!



1 comment:

Very Sleepy Girl said...

I'm glad I got to meet her the other day!