A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Thursday, June 26, 2008

God Is In Control!

We get to listen to our MP3 Players when we work. It helps me to keep focused since I am such a people person and would love to take part in the conversations going on around me! However, if I did that, I wouldn't get my work done, or even begin to meet the production goals that I need to meet. Stressful? Sure. Does it hold me accountable and keep me in line? You bet! I am blessed to be able to listen to my MP3 Player while working! I have mostly Christian Contemporary songs on it (I love music!), but I also have a few Joyce Meyer Podcasts on it. I have heard them all before, but today one of her quotes really made sense to me. The quote I am referring to is:

"The ability to display stability, can be one of our greatest testimonies to a troubled world."

It really made me think. She also asked, "Is God in control, or isn't He?" If you are a Christ follower, you are probably saying, of course He is in control, what a dumb question! But, if I really think about this question, I have to admit that when I worry, I am not believing that he is in control. Worry is a lack of faith in God and in His promises. Thanks to a new friend in my Spiritual Disciplines Study Group for bringing this to light (in general) regarding what worry really is. Granted, we are all human, and therefore incapable of perfection, otherwise we wouldn't need a Savior! But, that is just what Satan wants. He wants us to live a life filled with worry and fear, not a life filled with confidence and joy. I want to strive to live my life so that people can see that I believe the promises of my Savior, and that He is in control of my life and the happenings around me. This will be a lifelong process of continually renewing my mind. I just know that I want to be a testimony to this troubled world that come rain or shine, sorrows or joys, my God is in control and I can forever rest in His promises! Lord, please give me the strength to display stability and trust in you, no matter what my circumstances in this life happen to be.