A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Core Class 301: Discovering My S.H.A.P.E.

I took this class at Church last night. The best part about this class was the 5 new friends I made at my Table! I know God planned for the 6 of us to be at the same table last evening, and we made an awesome group! Anyone who knows me, or has even known me for just 5 minutes, knows how much I love people and being around people! I learned that I'm an Extrovert last evening! Ok, so I already knew that! Ha ha! =-) I really didn't need a class to tell me that, but this class was all about learning How God Has Shaped Me for Ministry. Here is what S.H.A.P.E. stands for:

Spiritual Gifts
What am I gifted to do?

Heart
What do I love to do?

Abilities
What natural abilities do I have?

Personality
Where does my personality best suit me to serve?

Experiences
What experiences have I had?

Have you ever volunteered and hated every minute of it, but just did it anyways out of a sense of guilt or obligation? It's probably b/c you weren't serving in an area of ministry that best utilized your God given talents, personality, and abilities. God has wired our temperament in a unique way. I learned last evening that this factor is very important in matching people to the right ministry.

So what ministries are for me? Well, I learned that the Hospital Visitation Ministry is for me, and I learned that I will look into helping watch the babies during the services. I love kids! However, I do have some more praying/contemplating/learning to do to discover other ministries that might fit my S.H.A.P.E.

I'll probably write more about this topic in future posts, but right now I gotta get to bed. I'm not feeling very well right now. I hope that I'm not coming down with a flu bug or something!

I do hope that you will think about/discover your S.H.A.P.E.! I guarantee it will make your heart for serving Christ beat faster!

I'll close with something I read in my materials from last evening.

I am not who I think I am.
I am not who You think I am.
But I really am who God says I am.

1 comment:

Very Sleepy Girl said...

What a great reminder!