A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Sunday, February 15, 2009

I'm So Excited About This Volunteer Opportunity!


Last evening I went to an orientation at my Church for volunteering with the Children's Ministry (the pic is not from last evening, but rather just a pic I found of babies online). I am choosing to help in the Nursery! The Nursery is broken down into three rooms. One is for the newborns, one is for the sitters & crawlers, and another is for toddlers up to age 2! When we went to talk to the team leader, I saw 3 baby girls in the sitters/crawlers room and I fell in love! I will work where I'm needed, but most likely I'll be with the sitters/crawlers. Something lit up in me when I saw these adorable children of God! Those of you who know me, know how much I love children, and they love me too! :) In 2 weeks I will observe to see what it's like and learn the ropes. It's a 2 hour commitment every other week. I will be volunteering for one of the services on Saturday evening. I am so excited and can't wait to love on these little ones! I think I may have found my niche in serving the Lord that really suites my spiritual gifts & personality, and another perk is that I can get my "baby fix"! I may never be blessed with children of my own, but there are plenty of children in the world who do need love and attention! Most importantly I can show them the love of Christ!! :)

1 comment:

Very Sleepy Girl said...

Yea, Jen! That is awesome!!