A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Friday, July 18, 2008

Gelato Anyone?

Gelato is Italian ice cream made from milk and sugar, combined with other flavorings. The gelato ingredients (after an optional pasteurization) are frozen while stirring to break up ice crystals as they form. Like high-end ice cream, gelato generally has less than 35% air, resulting in a denser and more flavourful product.

The first time I had Gelato was while dining out with Allyson, Kelly & Jeannine when I lived in Milwaukee. I believe it was at the "Twisted Fork" Restaurant. Gelato is more expensive then ice cream, but incredibly delicious!

I was seriously impressed when I found this place today! I guess they just opened 3 weeks ago. This is the type of place you would find in a large and trendy City! Granger/Michiana has come a long way baby!

No comments: