A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Happy 13th Birthday In Heaven Dad!

November 3rd, 1940 Herbert William Latzke, who would later be my Dad, was born in Eagle River, WI.  Yep, he would have been 72 years old today!  He spent 59 years on this earth and passed away on December 8th, 1999.  So much has changed since then, in the world, and in our family.
 
 
THEN:

November 3rd, 1999 (Dad's 59th Birthday):


  • I was 25 years old. 

  • I was living in Cudahy, WI.

  • I called you to wish you a Happy Birthday.

  • I was working 2nd shift and overnights, with at-risk teens, at Calvary Academy in South Milwaukee, WI.

  • I was single and thought I'd never get married.

  • My Nephew Trey (Dad's only Grandchild at the time) was 5 years old

  • Bill Clinton was President of the United States.

  • We couldn't have comprehended that less than 2 years later, 9-11 would terrorize our Nation.

  • Mom was cancer free.

NOW:

November 3rd, 2012 (Dad's 13th Birthday in Heaven):

  • I am 38 years old (yet somehow I haven't aged one bit!) 

  • I have been living back in South Bend, IN for 5.5 years (Yes, I know I said I'd NEVER move back to South Bend! I am older and wiser and have learned to never say never!)

  • I can't call you to wish you a Happy Birthday, but I will be thinking of you all day.

  • I have been working at an Insurance Company for 4.5 years.

  • I have been married to an Amazing man named Jonathan for 16 months.

  • My Nephew Trey (Dad's 1st Grandson) is now 18 years old!  There are now 4 more Grandchildren that Dad never got the chance to meet.  No, I did not have quadruplets! LOL :)  Lexi will be 10 tomorrow,  Hannah is 8, Tyler is 6 and Myles just turned 3. 

  • Barack Obama is President of the United States.  The Presidential election is in 3 days and I cannot wait for it to be over!

  • We are living in a post 9-11 world, and the world seems to be getting more and more violent.

  • Mom has been battling cancer since 2 months after you passed away (February, 2000)


Life has changed since you went home to heaven Dad, in wonderful ways, and in some not so wonderful ways.  But one thing that won't change, is that I will always love you and miss you!

 
 
Happy 72nd Birthday Dad!  See you soon!
 
 
Love,
 
 
 
Jen Jen
 
 


No comments: