A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Random Thoughts By J-La-Sta

  1. My husband and I need a break from life.
  2. It's been 7 weeks today since Jonathan's Dad went into the hospital and J started the process of becoming POA for his Dad, which changed our lives dramatically.
  3. I will never again say "this is a piece of cake compared to what I went thru alone as a single person".  As soon as I said that, God started to challenge us!
  4. I hate the end of daylight saving time.
  5. I hate these short days.
  6. I know that I start to feel better after the New Year starts.
  7. Only 36 more days till we start to gain daylight instead of losing it.
  8. I am thankful that my my mammogram came back normal! 
  9. I'm thankful Jonathan's Dad was approved for Medicaid.
  10. I HATE cancer.  I hate what it does to my Mom and I hate what it is doing to my FIL.
  11. I can't believe December 8th it will have been 13 years since my Dad passed away.
  12. I got an email from parents.com informing me my baby is the size of a cantaloupe at 21 weeks.....UMMM.....Really???  Do they know something I don't?  Our plate is already quite full!
  13. It's a challenge to stay positive when there is so much negative going on in the lives of those we love.
  14. I know God has a plan and will work things out for the good of those who love Him, but it doesn't mean we don't get weary, stressed, and sad.
  15. Speaking of SAD, I hate Seasonal Affective Disorder and what it does to me.
  16. There will always be people who have things "easier" than you, and there will always be people who have things "much harder" than you.
  17. Sometimes life just sucks and is incredibly overwhelming.
  18. My Vitamin D levels were great, much to my surprise!
  19. We are both looking forward to having 4 very much needed days off in a row for Thanksgiving!  Only 5 more days of work for me and 6 more days of work for Jonathan.
  20. We plan to treasure time with loved ones over the Holidays.  Life is short and we need to savor the memories.

1 comment:

Very Sleepy Girl said...

Some beautiful reminders in this, J-La!

I'm sorry you are facing so many challenges right now. This too shall pass. I am glad you are savoring the time you have with loved ones.