A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Gratitude For God's Gifts of Love to Me - Week 4

My Year of Thanks!
April 10th - April 16th, 2015
 
Not Gonna Lie!  This was an incredibly hard week to stay grateful!  April 9th we found out that my Brother-in-Law very likely had cancer.  Then on April 15th, we found out he has a very rare form of Sarcoma cancer.  At times I went for days without writing down the 3 things I was grateful for each day.  The important thing, is that I went back and actually wrote 3 things down for each day I missed. I started my "Year of Thankfulness" on March 20th.  Little did I know at that time, how challenging, yet important it would be for me to continue to be grateful, regardless of the circumstances in my life or in the lives of those I love, and no matter how "down" I felt.  God is Good!  All the Time! 

April 10th

  1. Cookie Butter
  2. Decaf Coffee
  3. The Weekend - After a Very Long Week.

April 11th

  1. Natural Vitamin D - NOT in the form of a pill!
  2. My "baby" Sister Debbie.
  3. My 2.4 lb weight loss.

April 12th

  1. Shawn Holtgren - He's a great Friend & Encourager to us - Oh, he Married us too!! ;-)
  2. The fact that I don't need bifocals.....yet!
  3. Great Vision Insurance.

April 13th

  1. Weight Watchers low point, yummy ice cream treats.
  2. Two hours of Overtime.
  3. Sunshine.

April 14th

  1. I got our taxes done/filed.
  2. We owed less in taxes than we did last year.
  3. My Sunrise Simulator.

April 15th

  1. My Awesome Friend Mary
  2. My Awesome Friend Alice
  3. My Awesome Cousin Chad

April 16th

  1. My Co-Worker Beth coming back to work, and lightening my work load.
  2. "Oh my God, He will not delay, my refuge and strength, Always!" - Great Lyrics from a song that was on the Radio during my drive home from work. Very timely lyrics!
  3. Dinner with a Great Friend - We encouraged each other.  What a Blessing!



No comments: