A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Saturday, May 19, 2012

After Years of Searching, I Found My Home!


All 3 Pics were taken by my SIL Sandy of Sandra Ellen Photography in Grand Rapids!


My Moves During College (6 times if I'm counting correctly):
August 1992 - Moved from South Bend, IN to College in Milwaukee, WI - Lived in dorm.
May 1993 - Moved back to South Bend, IN for the Summer
August 1993 - Moved back to College in Milwaukee, WI - Lived in dorm.
May 1994 - Moved from dorm to an apartment on campus for the summer.
August 1994 - Moved from summer apartment to another apartment on campus for the school year.
May 1995 - Moved to another apartment on campus for the summer and following school year.

My Moves Since College (Yep, 15 times in 15 years)
May 1996 - Graduated College - Moved to an off campus apartment in Milwaukee, WI with a friend.
August 1997 - Moved to Greenfield WI to my own apartment when roomie got married.
May 1998 - Moved to South Milwaukee, WI where I lived where I worked.
September 1998 - Moved to Cudahy, WI where I had my own apartment again.
July 2001 - Moved to Denver (Aurora), Colorado for a job and lived where I worked.
February 2002 - Moved back to WI and lived in Oak Creek, WI with a family who are friends of mine
November 2002 - Moved into my own apartment in Milwaukee, WI.
March 2004 - Moved into another apartment in West Milwaukee, WI, which was right across the street from where I worked at the time.
October 2006 - Moved to West Allis, WI by New Berlin, WI border.
May 2007 - Relocated back to my hometown of South Bend IN and lived with my Grandma in Granger, IN.
September 2007 - Moved to Autumn Lakes Apartments in Mishawaka, IN with a friend.
March 2008 - Moved into a house with 2-3 other women in Mishawaka, IN and rented a room.
June 2009 - Moved into a Condo in Mishawaka, IN that I shared with the Owner.
July 2010 - Finally got back on my feet and moved into my own Apartment at Irish Hills Apartments in South Bend, IN.
July 2011 - I moved from my 1 bedroom apartment into a 2 bedroom apartment with my husband, at the same apartment complex in South Bend, IN.

I HATE MOVING! 
Wouldn't you if you had moved so many times?


  • Moving is the third most stressful event in life, following death and divorce. (from: Employee Relocation Council).  Moving is trauma, ranked right up there with getting a divorce, losing a job or burying a loved one.

  • I dealt with the loss of my Dad alone and have moved SO many times by myself, that with all of that stress, God must be preparing me for something huge! :)




    "For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.”
    ― Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss


    This is my favorite Engagement Pic!  Sandy is a very talented Photographer! :)

    I'm so thankful that we are staying put for a few years!  The only reason we would move, is to buy a condo or a house!  It's nice to have some consistency and stability for a while! :)

    All of this moving really has taught me that
    "Home Is Where The Heart Is!"




    4 comments:

    Stanlej1975 said...

    I love this one! Though I have not moved as often as you, I finally feel at home with you as well! I love you baby!

    Jennifer W. said...

    I found your blog through the blog "Childless by Marriage" -- you are so cute! Our lives have many similarities; I too moved around a lot and finally ended up back in my hometown, a small city in the Midwest, and took a long time to get established. I just married late too (at 39) and am working hard to have the attitude you have about a family of two being enough! Thank you for sharing your story!

    J-La-Sta said...

    Jennifer, Thank you SO much for posting this comment! It made me so happy to hear that someone can relate to my story! Thank you for your encouragement! I hope you will come back and visit my blog again soon! God Bless! Jen - P.S. My name is also Jennifer! :)

    J-La-Sta said...

    Jonathan, Thank you bunches for commenting on my blog! I love you and can't wait to see what the next year of marriage brings us! :)