A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Friday, May 8, 2009

Finally Starting To Get Some Answers!

Most of you know that I've been dealing with health issues for the past 3 months. It's been frustrating because up until now I've felt like a "Medical Mystery". The Dr.'s didn't seem to have any explanation for why my feet/ankles have been swelling so much. All of the tests have come back fine! Well, today I had a Dr.'s Appt with my Internal Medicine Dr. and he talked to me about the results of my 2nd round of tests. He said my creatinine levels are elevated and that can signal problems with kidney functioning. Don't get me wrong! I don't want to have kidney failure, but at least we are starting to get to the bottom of this!

Here are my next steps: I need to go get more blood work done to see if the creatinine levels are still elevated. Then, on Tuesday morning the Dr. is having me go get an ultrasound of my kidneys. I then go back to see him in 4 weeks to discuss the results. I know he'll call if something needs to be done ASAP. He also said my cholesterol is very high. I guess it's at 286 (I think) which is horrible! However, he noted that both my good and bad cholesterol are both high, so he isn't AS concerned. I told him when I was 16 I also had high cholesterol, so I think in addition to my diet, it is hereditary as well. He prescribed a pill to help control my cholesterol levels and I will have that checked again in 8 weeks.

I tell ya, I sure am blessed to have good health insurance! Even without my upcoming tests, my tests thus far have cost over $1,600.00! Continued prayers are appreciated! I found the diagram below online and the symptoms seem to match the problems I am having. I have fluid overload (swollen ankles) and elevated creatinine levels. Here's hoping that if there are kidney issues, they can be treated with meds. I'm just thankful to FINALLY be getting some answers!



No comments: