There are pros and cons to every stage of life! I am SO thankful God sent me my "Mr. Right" in his PERFECT timing! I was 37 and a half and 5 days old when I got married. In a week we will have been married for 8 months already! Time sure flies! Here are some of the things I don't miss/do miss about being single. I had PLENTY of time to be single, so even though there are some things I miss, I am overall so much more content being married to Jonathan and having his love, support, stability and encouragement! I'm just SO glad I didn't settle just to have someone in my life! Making the changes/sacrifices it takes to be married are well worth it for the right person! Here is a picture of us which was taken on our honeymoon.
- Looking at every guy that I knew//met, who happened to be single, as a potential love interest.
- Feeling like I didn't "belong".
- Being asked if I was dating anyone (as if I wasn't ok just being me) over and over and over again.
- Feeling especially lonely, and feeling like my singleness was accentuated over the Holidays.
- Knowing that no one would know if I lived or died on my way home, since I lived alone for most of my single years, unless I didn't show up for work for a few days.
- The uncertainty of dating. (Do I or don't I plan for a future with this person?)
- Having no one to rely on consistently.
- Flying solo in a "couple's world".
- Not having companionship, oftentimes not having anyone to do stuff with.
- Having the apartment all to myself so that I could have a girlfriend over to hang out/drink wine/talk without having to go anywhere. Now we meet for dinner/coffee/walking somewhere in public. Unless of course, my friend happens to be single.
- Having total control of the remote control and what I wanted to watch on TV.
- Being able to come and go as I pleased without having to let anyone know.
- Feeling like God's purpose for me was for me to minister to other singles. I know I still can, but sometimes I think singles may not be able to relate to me as much now that I'm married.
- Having more time to blog.
- Having more time to keep in touch with friends.
- Making purchases/not making purchases without having to consult anyone.
Can you relate to any of these pros & cons? Please leave your comments! I would love to hear from you! :)