A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Change & Growth

Tonight I ran into my roommate Rachel at Church. We sat together at the service and then ran some errands before heading to Legends in Mishawaka to watch the ND game. I have been looking for a book called "Changes That Heal" by Dr. Henry Cloud for a long time, but it was never in stock anywhere. Rachel suggested we try Border's. Sure enough, they had a copy waiting for me! Thanks Rachel! This book was suggested to me in my Boundaries class at Church. I'm excited to read it, especially the 'becoming an adult' section. Yes, I know I'm an Adult, but want to learn more about how to become an emotional adult. There are many emotional children living in adult bodies today. I read this quote in the book tonight, "Becoming an adult is assuming the authority position of life, an important part of the image of God".

Change & Growth can be very hard work, but in the end, it will only serve to make me a stronger/healthier person who is more equipped to serve the Lord here on earth. "People who believe others are above them are still relating from a child's position of being under a person, not under God. This belief makes the difference in one's ability to follow God and to seek God's approval instead of what people want. People who are stuck in this "people-pleasing" stage can't take charge of their lives as God commands." Wow! I have a lot of work to do, but I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me! At least I know the truth in my head. Now if the feelings would follow, that would help! I am blessed to have wonderful friends around me who are helping me to see the areas which I need to improve in. I just have to remember that perfection isn't possible this side of heaven!

1 comment:

Kathy Guy said...

I think I have some accompanying DVD's if you want them. email me and let me know. Thanks!