A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Monday, November 3, 2008

November 3rd, 1940


Was the date Herbert William Latzke (my Dad) was born in Eagle River, WI. I did an internet search for that date in history and found out that Franklin Delano Roosevelt (FDR) was re-elected for an unprecedented third term as President of the United States on November 5th of 1940. That was an interesting tid-bit to me, especially since the Presidential Election is tomorrow. Obviously I'm not much of a history buff, since I didn't even realize WWII was still going on then! As time passes (it's been 9 years since he went home to heaven), these "anniversary dates" get easier. In fact, I pretty much didn't even think about it at work today, but have been contemplative this evening.
I continue to pray for a leader who follows God and values life. Tomorrow's election results will go down in History, but regardless of the outcome, we don't need to fear. God already knows the future and He will work all things out for our good! The President of the United States may be powerful, but God is way more powerful! :)

No comments: