A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Monday, September 29, 2008

My 100th Blog Post!!!

Well, here it is, my 100th blog post, and it only took me 4 months and a few days to get here! :) I would like to give a big shout out to all of my faithful readers! Thank you! :) For my 100th post, I decided I'd do this blog in a list format. There are 2 separate lists with 50 items each. I need to work on reprogramming the negative thoughts that come into my head, so here are
50 Truths To Combat Those Negative Thoughts:
  • God Loves me unconditionally and I receive that love
  • I've always been boldly cautious when it comes to dating
  • My worth comes from Jesus
  • I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me
  • His strength is made perfect in my weakness
  • I am beautiful inside and out
  • I am intelligent
  • I'm a daughter of the King
  • My feelings matter
  • I matter
  • I am entitled to my own feelings
  • Other people are entitled to their own feelings
  • Other people are not responsible for my happiness
  • I am not responsible for the happiness of others
  • There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus
  • God is in control
  • I am mentally stable
  • I belong
  • I have choices
  • I am not the victim
  • Perfection on this earth is not possible
  • I am an Adult
  • He heals the broken hearted
  • All things work together for good to them that love God
  • With God all things are possible
  • There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear
  • God is bigger than my problems
  • I work for God and not for man
  • God does not make mistakes
  • I am blessed
  • There is nothing I can do to make God love me more
  • There is nothing I can do to make God love me less
  • I will not fear, God has not given me a spirit of fear
  • God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline
  • I am not alone
  • I am blessed with many friends and family who love me
  • I am a great friend
  • God will never leave me or forsake me
  • God has always provided for me and he always will
  • I'm a hard worker
  • I care about people
  • Although I would like the approval of others, I don't need it
  • Today is the day the Lord has made! I will rejoice and be glad in it!
  • I have a great job with a stable income
  • I lack no good thing
  • I have clothes to wear
  • I have food to eat
  • I have a roof over my head
  • I've come a long way baby!
  • I am only human

The second list is made up of 50 things that add to my happiness:

  • Jesus
  • Family
  • Friends
  • Coffee
  • Relaxing
  • Music
  • Sunshine
  • GCC
  • Further Up-Further In Study Group
  • Sunday evening women's group
  • Travelling
  • Blogging
  • Talking on the phone
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Twittering
  • My Nieces & Nephews
  • Being called "Aunt Jenny" by my nieces & nephews
  • Feeling like I belong
  • Facebook
  • Myspace
  • "Free" internet access
  • Exercising with Alaina (I laugh)
  • Jumping on the Trampoline with Rachel (I laugh)
  • Chatting with Tyne (usually in the AM)
  • Emails from friends & family
  • Seeing email video clips of my nieces & nephews
  • Receiving phone calls from my nieces & nephews
  • Sleeping in
  • Running into people I know when I'm out and about
  • Eating out
  • Visiting people in the hospital on behalf of my church
  • Laughing
  • Feeling loved
  • Feeling like I matter
  • Being included
  • Words of Affirmation
  • Hugs
  • Socializing
  • Pictures of friend and family
  • Bachelor/Bachelorette
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Feeling like I've accomplished something
  • Enjoying a sweet glass of wine
  • Receiving real snail mail instead of bills
  • Fitting into a smaller size of clothing
  • Finding a bargain
  • Knowing how far I've come the past few years
  • A new haircut
  • Getting my eyebrows waxed
  • Ice cream

3 comments:

Very Sleepy Girl said...

Yea! Happy 100!

K Woods said...

Jen...what an awesome celebration of your 100th blog! Your insight is delightful! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

You're in my list of 50 things (or people, I should say) that make me happy!