A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Life at Liberty!

Here is the building which I now spend the most of my time in! It's a pretty cool building! Liberty Mutual Employs approximately 700 people in the Michiana area. For those who don't know, Michiana is for the Michigan/Indiana area since we are so close to the State Line. I am very blessed to work for such a great Company. It is a very structured environment, which is good for me. Plus the vacation time you earn by working here is unlike any other Company in the area. I have worked there for approx 2 and a half months. By June 17th I will have earned 10 days off already and I will only have been working there for 3 months at that point! I love my hours, which are 11:00am-7:15pm. Well, lately it's been more than that since we currently have mandatory overtime. That's fine with me! It's helping me to get out from under financially and get caught up so I can save! The less mature Jen would have taken that stimulus check and used it for a plane ticket to Austin, Denver, you name it! :) I do love to travel! But I have matured in this area of my life and realize that first you work and pay off debt, and then you can play! :) It's about time I learned this lesson at 34 years of age, huh? Seriously, I'm a firm believer that we all mature in different areas of our lives at different times. God has a way of molding/maturing us in ways that we never could have dreamed of. I'm so thankful for the blessings He has given me. Another thing I've realized is that I wasn't putting God first in the financial area of my life. I am now, and you know what...money isn't so important to me anymore! I'm working on figuring out what I spend where and am going to set up a budget. Amazing huh?! :) Please pray that God would continue to give me wisdom in this area of my life. I'm giving up trying to be perfect, because I've finally realized I can't be perfect! But I'm working on taking baby steps. This new way of dealing with life is so much more achievable!

1 comment:

Very Sleepy Girl said...

ok, so i don't know if you meant it this way or not, but i totally see 2 meanings behind this blog's title. of course for liberty mutual. but also, as you are growing and becoming more responsible with your money, you are having more freedom financially. nice job!!