A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Jen + Jen + Chick-fil-A = A Great Evening!

This is turning out to be an awesome weekend! I had no set plans for the weekend, and that's the way I like it! This afternoon I went on a long walk down by the River with one of my roommates, Rachel! It was great to get to know her better. Then I went to the 5:30pm service at GCC and happened to sit next to my friend Jen. Neither of us had plans for the evening, so we hung out together after the service! First we went to run an errand at Target, and then it was on to UP Mall so I could stop in and say "hi" to my Mom who works at a store in the Mall. Jen & I were both hungry, so we went to the food court to grab a bite to eat. I chose to get some food from Chick-fil-A! I really missed Chick-fil-A when I lived in Milwaukee! Many of you know that Chick-fil-A was my very first job besides for babysitting. I was 16 when I started working there. This was WAY back when there was no food court at the mall, and it was located where the "Motherhood" store is now. Yes, I know, this really and truly shows you I am officially getting old! I'm so glad that age really is a state of mind! :) So Jen & I had some fun and some deep conversations, and I really enjoyed my time with her. I hope we can do it again soon! I'm loving the freedom I currently have to do things like this spontaneously. I've learned the grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side of the fence! I'm choosing to enjoy my life and all of the benefits which come with the stage of life I'm in. Thanks for a great evening Jen! Chick-fil-A, thanks for the food! It was as tasty as ever!

1 comment:

Very Sleepy Girl said...

Yea! It's been great getting to chat with you, Jen!

Keep on enjoying your awesome weekend! :)