A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Friday, December 9, 2016

Scott - Another Round of Chemo Finished

Journal entry by Debbie Heiman — 10 hours ago
Today was Scott's 4th and final day of this round of chemo. He will stop at Froedtert on the way home from work tomorrow at 3PM to get his Neulasta injection. Hopefully that will boost his white blood count back up quickly. 

It has been a very busy week for Scott, and he hasn't missed a beat. I'm truly amazed by this man! Not only did he have chemo and work every day, but he had something every night except tonight. He even went to a board of education meeting on Tuesday and ushered in church last night. Tomorrow night our 3 oldest have basketball games at our school. It's their last home games at Lamb of God for this season. Scott will be helping run the scorer's table. I'm not telling you all of this to brag. I'm just so proud of the dedication that Scott has for God, his job, his kids/family, and their school. Believe me, he doesn't want praise and never asks for anything in return. He has always been a humble guy. 

I don't see his smile as much as I used to, but I saw it last night. As I walked up the stairs from dinner at church, he stood there in the back of church ushering. As he handed bulletins to the members and visitors, he greeted them with a huge smile! He may have been tired and not feeling the best, but no one would ever know that. I strive to be more like him. 

God has given Scott strength that I'm sure even baffles him. I'm so thankful that Scott and I were raised in such wonderful Christian homes with excellent examples to follow! 

Today is the 17th anniversary of my Dad's death. My Mom was blessed to find another wonderful man to spend her life with. My Mom and step Dad Don and Scott's parents are still here, and we are blessed to have them in our lives! We also have wonderful siblings/spouses, nieces and nephews. Even though we don't get to see any of them very often, we love it when we get the chance to spend time together.

With Christmas quickly approaching, I can't help but stop and count my blessings! Life isn't easy by any means, but it could be so much worse. Scott and I have 4 amazing kids and wonderful families on both sides (even extended families). We have so many great friends and we know that we can turn to them if/when we need them. Thank you! We LOVE you all!

No comments: