A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Debbie's Request For Help and Update on Scott


Journal entry by Debbie Heiman — 11 hours ago

  Last night around 5:30PM, I took Scott's temperature because he hadn't been feeling well. It was 100.7.  Because of the fact that he has no spleen, we are supposed to take him to the hospital with a fever over 100.4.  He is not able to fight off infection on his own. 

 We are so thankful for the new 24 hour cancer care clinic in the center for advanced cure building next to the cancer center at Froedtert.  They just opened this as a trial run less than two months ago.  Scott and I have already used it twice.  Let me tell you, it is the biggest blessing for us right now! We no longer have to sit in an ER with all of the other germs and be exposed to all of that.  

Scott was able to get the one on one attention that he needed last night, and after fluids and an IV antibiotic, they were able to send us back home. We are so thankful that he was not admitted overnight. 

His labs came back looking pretty good, and his fever was gone by using Tylenol. The only results we are waiting on is his blood cultures. Those will take a couple days. 

I have a request from all of you. If you are willing and able to be a back up to come and stay overnight with our kids at these last minute moments, please let me know. I would like to have a list of people to call instead of relying on my 2 go to people all of the time. I really don't want to get anybody burned out with my problems. I am so grateful for the love that has been shown to us. If I don't ask, I won't know who is able. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Scott has remained fever free through the night. At least he was at 3:30AM. I will check again before I take the kids to school. 

Please pray that we can stay out of the hospital until our appointment on December 28th. I know how much Scott hates going, and I hate having to take him more and more every time. The unplanned visits are the worst, of course. We're just happy to be home so quickly this time and not 5 days like the last chemo round.

No comments: