A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Thursday, March 19, 2015

My Year of Thankfulness Starts Tomorrow!

The Small Group That I Facilitate every other Wednesday Evening started a Study by Ann Voskamp last Evening.  It is a Study based on her book "One Thousand Gifts - A Dare To LIVE FULLY Right Where you Are."  She encourages us to make a "Gift List" to count the ways Jesus Loves Us.  Tonight I decided that I am going to write down 3 things each day that I am Thankful for.  What better time to start this than when I am in the middle of a depressive episode!  "There is hope and transformative power in counting our blessings and naming the good gifts of God--because we encounter the power of God Himself in our lives.  If you want to discover the rhythms of grace, joy, and true thankfulness, count the gifts God has given and the ones He is giving you at this very moment."
 
I love the quote below!  Wow!  I never thought of it this way before, but it makes perfect sense.  If I'm afraid, then I'm really fearing that He doesn't love me.  His love never ends, it's just my thought patterns change.
 


I can't think of a more perfect day than the first day of Spring (March 20th, 2015), to start my Year of Thankfulness.  I will write down 3 things each day (yes that will come to 1,095 things I'm Thankful for when March 19th, 2016 arrives, but can we ever be TOO Thankful?), that I am Thankful for.  Once a week I will write a blog (at the end of the week) discussing the 21 things I am Thankful for that week.

I am SO Excited to start this Journey and to Study this Book with my Small Group Friends.

I may have depression, but I won't let depression have me!

"God is Good and I am Always Loved" ~ Ann Voskamp

No comments: