A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Good News & Unanswered Questions


Well, I met with my Dr. on Friday AM and all of the tests he ran came back fine. No problems! He tested for everything from Lupus & Rheumatoid Arthritis to Diabetes, etc. My sodium levels were even fine. This is great news! So why am I still frustrated? I'm still frustrated because there are still no answers as to why my feet/ankles have been swelling so much that I can't even wear my regular shoes. There's also no explanation for my fatigue or shortness of breath. The Dr. did prescribe a pill that is used for high blood pressure (which I don't have) and is also used to reduce water retention. I started taking that yesterday, so we shall see. As far as the joint pain in my knees, the Dr. said it isn't normal for a 35 yr old, but it is normal for a 35 yr old who has a desk job and isn't very active. I'll admit I have not been physically active this winter. Summer, Spring & Fall I'm a walking queen, but winter...not so much. So he wants me to exercise 3 times a week and take the water pill and see if I feel better. If my breathing isn't better in a few weeks, I'm going to ask him for some type of an inhaler as I do have mild asthma. Hopefully the water pills will kick into gear soon! So, that's the deal. Like I said this is at the least the 3rd time this has happened. I'm happy I'm healthy! I just wish there was an explanation for my symptoms. But, God never promised we would get all of the answers in this life, so I entrust my health to his care! Thanks for all of your support, concern, thoughts & prayers! I have the best family & friends ever! I am very blessed! :)

No comments: