A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm A Medical Mystery!

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers! It's been a very long week! Most of my blog readers know that I have had some health issues this past week. Last week my feet/ankles started to swell severely. Then on Saturday I was having shortness of breath. These symptoms have continued and still continue to be an issue, along with extreme fatigue. This is at LEAST the 3rd time I have had these "mysterious" episodes. Approx 3-4 years ago I was even sent to a Rheumatologist. My Dad passed away 9 years ago due to Lupus complications and my Mom has Lupus. The Rheumatologist ran numerous tests for Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, etc, and didn't find anything. There was no explanation for my symptoms. So Monday (3 days ago) AM I went to the Dr. because of the swollen feet/ankles & shortness of breath. The Dr. told me to go have a chest x-ray & blood work done. I went and got these items taken care of on Tuesday AM. Tuesday evening I started having pain/tenderness on the right side of my chest. I called the Dr. on Wednesday morning and he said he didn't have any suggestions because he needed to see what the test results were first.

The Dr.'s office called me shortly after 8:00AM today to let me know the chest x-ray came back. The good news is that my heart & lungs are fine! :) The frustrating news is that there again seems to be no cause for my symptoms. The Dr.'s office called me back about an hour later to let me know the test results for the blood work came back and the Dr. wanted to meet with me to discuss the results. I asked the nurse if there was anything I should be concerned about. She said as far as she could tell there wasn't, but sometimes the Dr. keeps some of the results in his office. So, I will see what the Dr. says tomorrow at my 9:15am Appt. Please say a prayer that he can get to the root of my problems. I seriously think the Dr. would begin to think it's all in my head had he not seen my swollen feet/ankles. Anyone who has seen them can tell it's definitely not normal! I have insomnia. I even took a prescribed sleep aid and still can't sleep! I'm blessed to have the 11:00am-7:15pm shift because if I worked 8-5 it would be nearly impossible to have Appts 4 out of 5 days in a week! This way I do what I need to do in the AM and then go to work. I'm exhausted though...physically and emotionally. I didn't meet production at work 2 out of the past 4 days. Mostly because I'm seriously exhausted and just feel like sleeping, and I'm wondering what's wrong with me. I just want to get to the bottom of this. I'm blessed to have found this Dr. and thank my roommate for suggesting him when I was looking for a Dr. in the area. He seems to want to get to the bottom of this too. In the past the Dr.'s would just call me and tell me the tests came back fine and then they would stop trying to find the root of the problem.

I was reading in my One Year Bible yesterday and read these words from Psalm 41: "Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the Lord delivers him in time of trouble. The Lord will protect him and preserve his life; he will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes. The Lord will sustain him on his sickbed and restore him from his bed of illness." Isn't it amazing how God leads us to the portions of scripture at just the right time we need to read them?! :) Thanks again for your prayers! I'll keep you posted. God Bless! :)

No comments: