A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Sunday, October 5, 2008

J-La's 1st Annual Fall Appreciation Day!

OK, let me try this again! I spent a very long time on this blog last evening and somehow lost it! ARGH! Anyways, yesterday (October 4th, 2008) was my 1st Annual Fall Appreciation Day! :) Why, you ask? Well, most of you who know me, know that I dread fall and winter every year! I have so much more energy and am so much happier in the spring and summer! Well, this year I decided to put a positive spin on things. I woke up on Saturday and decided I was going to find the finer things about Fall to enjoy! So, from here on out, the First Saturday of every October is going to be "J-La's Annual Fall Appreciation Day"! Or, as my roomie coined it, "Latzke Palooza"! :) I thought that was hysterical! So I first headed to the Elkhart area on my way to Bonneyville Mills County Park. I was going to go to the Starbucks in Martins to get a Pumpkin Spice Latte, but then I saw the Cracker Barrel. I thought to myself, "that is a very fallish type of restaurant". So, I stopped in for a cup of soup, chicken sandwich and some coffee! I heard a waitress talking to one of the tables about Milwaukee, so of course I had to join in on the conversation! The same waitress gave me directions to Bonneyville Mills County Park in Bristol, IN. I had a great time hiking at the Park! It was a gorgeous and sunny fall day! Then I headed to Nappanee, IN to visit Amish Acres. I had never been there before. It was a good choice. It was very much decorated for fall! I bought some fudge samples, and some hot apple cider, and then bought some Apple Butter to take home to enjoy. I also chatted with some fellow Packer fans! :) It was a blast! This place had a scarecrow contest, so it was neat to see all of the various creations! I then headed straight back for Church in Granger, IN. It was about a 45 minute drive. At Church, I ran into a former grade school classmate who I hadn't seen in 20 YEARS! Wow! I doubt that will happen every year! :) So, my day was a success and I came home feeling happier and more energetic then if I would have vegged out at home all day! Go me for trying to put a positive spin on things! :) I hope you enjoy the pictures and also get a chance to enjoy this beautiful Fall Season! :) God Bless! :)















































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey... I can relate to your fall thing. thanks for letting us see the joys of it, even if second hand... that sandwich looks AMAZING but it might just be cuz I havn't had lunch yet. LOL! AND if you were @ Amish Acres, you practically drove by my house! Well, within a few miles anyway! ENJOY THE SUN!

Very Sleepy Girl said...

Yea! Good for you! What a great idea to focus on the positive! I know too this fall has been rough on me, so I am very grateful for these sunny days we've been having recently! Great pictures!