A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Monday, July 16, 2018

The Latest Updates on Scott/Scan Results - From Debbie's Caring Bridge Updates

I'm posting the newest update 1st.  My Husband and I were in Oconomowoc, WI to Support the Heiman Family and participate in the 2nd Annual Race to Cure Sarcoma - Milwaukee.  I'm including some pics from that Special Day in this Post.  They are in between the latest update and the oldest update.  Please Pray as Scott's Surgery is this Friday and is expected to take 8 Hours.  Thank You! :-)

Journal entry by Debbie Heiman — Jul 12, 2018
 When we got to our appointment yesterday, the scan had not been read from Monday. They told us it was stable, with a possible growth in millimeters. It did grow more than we thought, but we are thankful that it will be removed in one week. It is measuring at 3cm.

The scan itself self says that the mass is inseparable from the sigmoid colon, so part of his colon will definitely need to be removed during surgery. Extra prayers are appreciated!

This was the message that was sent to us on MyChart last night.


Scott and Deb,


Here are final CT results. The peritoneal mass is about .5cm larger than prior scan in April but there is no other sites of disease which is awesome! They are going to take that mass out anyway and it is right on the sigmoid so hopefully that will help your bowel obstruction episodes. Take care
My Sister Debbie and Her Husband Scott.

The Team Captains Got to Wear Tutus.

The 4 Heiman Children and a Boyfriend.

The Youngest Heiman Family Child.  He's Such a Ham! :-P

Journal entry by Debbie Heiman — Jul 11, 2018
 I’ll start by letting you all know that God is SO good!!! Scott’s scan was stable today! We were so happy to hear that news! 

With so much going on in our life right now, I turned to my devotional book for encouragement. I found a devotion on encouragement and this is what it said.

So many times in the past few weeks I had come home to hear a message of encouragement on my answering machine: “thinking of you”,  “I love you”. Day after day when hysteria and raw emotions were my constant companion‘s,  I found the incredible support and concern of friends every time I needed someone. 

 Encouragement has never filled a flat tire. Encouragement has never made a car payment, nor fixed a broken washing machine. But encouragement from another gives us the strength to do what we feel we cannot do, hold on when we feel we cannot hold on, and try what we might not dare to try. 

 Encouragement. Doesn’t sound like much, but it’s everything. Send some encouragement today. You’ll be part of someone’s memories for a long long time. 

This devotion rings true for me, especially at times like these. Lately, I’ve received texts, private messages on FB, or cards in the mail that remind me that I’m not alone. WE are never alone! I am thankful for people who take the time to reach out. It keeps me going when times get tough. I pray that everyone has people in their lives that help to encourage them in good times and in bad. I try to encourage others and pray that I can be a light to others in hard times.

Thank you to everyone who prays for us and thinks about us as surgery approaches. Next Friday, July 20th is the big day. The surgery is expected to take 8 hours or more. It will be a long day, since we arrive around 5AM to get started on surgery prep. 

An  anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up. Proverbs 12:25 

 The Lord is good to those who hope in him, to the one who seeks him. Lamentations 3:25

 This I call to mind and therefore I have hope: because of the Lords great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:21 - 23          

 

No comments: