A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Friday, October 7, 2011

My 4th Annual Fall Appreciation Day!!

On Sunday, October 2nd, I celebrated my 4th Annual Fall Appreciation Day! This time I got to celebrate it with my husband! :) I usually celebrate it on the 1st Saturday of October, but since I had to work that day, we celebrated on Sunday this year. Due to the fact that I love Summer and dread the dark cold dreary winter days, I'm not a fan of Fall. I started Fall Appreciation Day as a way to put a positive spin on the Season, as well as experience the finer aspects of Fall. We were blessed with an absolutely gorgeous day filled with lots of sunshine! :)  Here are some of the fun things we were fortunate to experience on Sunday:
  1.  Went to the Niles Apple Festival - We had some awesome apple treats and purchased Apple Butter among other things!
  2. Took a drive to South Haven, MI - We got to see some pretty fall colors on the drive up.
  3. While in South Haven, we took a leisurely walk thru Stanley Johnston Memorial Park.
  4. We visited many of the local shops in the downtown area.
  5. We visited a winery where we did some wine tasting and purchased a bottle to take home.
  6. We loved visting The Blueberry Store, where we purchased blueberry coffee and blueberry scones to make at home! 
  7. We took a walk out on the Pier (South Haven is on Lake Michigan for those of you who don't know).
  8. We had dinner at Clementine's before driving back home to South Bend.

My husband was a good sport, and we had a wonderful day! I hope you enjoyed the pictures! :)  If you have any suggestions for the new name of my Fall Appreciation Day, feel free to leave a comment!  I thought of J-La-Sta's 4th Annual Fall Appreciation Day!  Or should I add Jonathan's name to it, so it is OUR Fall Appreciation Day?  I would love to hear your thoughts/suggestions.  Happy Fall everyone! :)

No comments: