A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Debbie’s Caring Bridge Update From 8 Hours Ago


Journal entry by Debbie Heiman — 8 hours ago

Scott has been in isolation since he was admitted on Monday night at 7 PM. Everyone who comes into the room needs to have a gown, mask, and gloves on at all times. No overnight guests are allowed to sleep in the room, however they said I am allowed to come and go as I please. The kids aren’t allowed to visit him either.

I was blessed to have a respite room available to sleep in at night.  I slept for two hours last night and I’m hoping to get a full nights sleep tonight. I don’t know if it will be available for me tomorrow, but I will wait and see. While I was in the respite room between 2 and 6:30 AM, Scott spiked a fever of 103.2 again.  Once the fever broke around 6:45 AM,  he has mostly remained fever free. He did have a couple readings around 99.5, but we can handle that.

 For the most part, it has been a pretty quiet day. Scott is feeling much better with the fever gone and his headache gone. He was feeling absolutely miserable on Monday!  I am so thankful that he has a little relief!

 The infectious disease team visited and took a good look at Scott’s shingles.  Every person who comes in and looks at them says what a terrible case this is and how unusual it is to have an infection with the shingles. There goes Scott again trying to be a rare case. The Heimans are good at being unique. All joking aside, I feel so bad for my poor husband. He’s such a strong man!

 All of the test results  have come back negative so far. The only thing they’re saying that isn’t right is one of the white blood counts is elevated which shows that there is infection in his body. They already knew that, but they haven’t pinpointed what it is. They think it could just be due to a staph infection.

 They have said that they hope to send us home by Friday. I keep praying that we can be home for Tyler‘s birthday. That would make for one happy 12year old!

Scott’s shingles on his back started to feel a little bit irritated this evening and he had a burning feeling.  I hope the pain doesn’t get too bad for him. I also pray that he remains fever free through the night.

My heart is heavy for a friend from my caregivers support group at Froedtert who lost his wife last night. She had a strong faith and knew where she was going. Praise God for her faith! My prayers are with Pete.

To live is Christ and to die is gain.
Philippians 1:21

**********
Thank You for Your continued Prayers for My Family!  The kids are unable to visit their Dad due to Hospital rules and for everyone’s well being.  I’m praying he is home by Friday for Tyler’s 12th Birthday!! ~J-La-Sta
**

No comments: