A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Continued Prayers Needed for Scott!

Debbie's Caring Bridge Post
4 Days Post Op.

Yesterday was a pretty good day overall. Today started out pretty well. The nurse told us that he was fever free all night. This morning, he did have a low grade fever. 

He had his epidural removed today,  and now has all oral pain meds. He is retaining a lot of water, which makes things uncomfortable for him.

I went to the RMH to shower and eat dinner with my Mom. When I got back, his fever had spiked up to 104. It has remained high since then. Meds bring it down a tiny bit, but it goes right back up.

His incision from surgery had been looking awesome, but it is a little red on the sides now. The surgical team will be in tomorrow morning to check him out.

He walked a total of 14 laps around the pediatric floor today, which equals a mile. That's amazing to me!

I'm glad today was good, so that we can handle times that don't seem so great. We were prepared for ups and downs. That's what major surgery/recovery is all about! 

I love how comfortable Scott and I are with each other. He knows how much he needs me, and he accepts the help willingly. I told him that I love taking care of him. Whenever he needs me, I will always be there. Like a friend just said, "For better or for worse, in sickness and in health" really applies to us right now! He was my best friend when I married him, and he still is 15 years later! He amazes me with his faith, strength, and patience in dealing with the trials in his life!

No comments: