A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Friday, September 4, 2009

A Sound Mind

2 Timothy 1:7: For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. NKJV

This is what I want, a sound mind. I've mentioned before that worry is my pet sin. All it does is make me anxious and unproductive Why do I still do it? Habit I guess. I'm human and God understands this, but that doesn't give me a right to worry. Worry is clearly a sin because it isn't trusting God. Tonight I watched a video message by Craig Groeschel of LifeChurch.TV. I found the link b/c it was a contribution associated with this verse on youversion.com. It was an amazing message and another God moment for me. It's amazing that He knows just what I need to hear at just the right time in my life! There were 3 parts to the message. 1. I will do what God asks me to do. 2. I will give God what I cannot do. 3. No matter what happens I will trust God. This message was well worth 35 minutes of my time. It was probably the best message I have heard regarding the sin of worry. Worry happens when we are too big and our God is too small. Our God is not small, but we (I) often make Him small. I trust that God will help me overcome this sin. Lord help me do do what I can do and leave the rest to you. Please help me to overcome the sin of worry so that I can better serve you and lead others to you. How are others supposed to be drawn to you when they know that I worry so much about things I can't control?

Here's the link if you'd like to watch the message:

http://www.youversion.com/contributions/22353/hostage--worry

No comments: