A Work In Progress

A Work In Progress

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Update on Scott From Debbie - Words From Her Heart! :-)

Journal entry by Debbie Heiman — 14 hours ago
Scott has labs at 9AM tomorrow. We will meet with Dr. Charlson at 10AM. We will discuss next week's chemo and figure out how many days he will do. 

Last week, Scott's liver counts were all elevated. They thought it was likely due to his cold virus. I pray that those numbers are back to normal tomorrow. I also hope that his white blood and platelets are back up to a level that is ready for him to tackle another week of chemo. 

As always, we just take it one day at a time. 

I can't thank you all enough for helping our family keep pushing through. I don't know how others have personally helped Scott or our kids, but I have felt so blessed lately. 

There are so many people who probably don't realize the impact they have on me. It's not easy to get up every day and keep living a "normal" life amidst all the abnormalities of our life. Thank you for the kind things that you say to me, the quick hug in passing, listening to me talk about my feelings and heartache, offering to help me if I need it, bringing us food, praying for us daily, and just being a friend. These things help us keep pushing forward. God Bless you for your love and kindness! There are a lot of really good people in this world, and those are the ones I need to cling to. THANK YOU for being the light that our family needs!

No comments: